Friday, January 22, 2010

Coconut paleta for me, please

The Charlotte Zolotow Awards have been announced and there, as the winner, is my sister's book, "What Can You Do With A Paleta?"! the Zolotow is given annualy to the author of the best picture book text published in the USA in the preceding year--the Newbery of picture books if you ask me. Here is the article from School Library Journal about the award and all the books selected this year.

Another list I am looking at, trying to chose some more books to add to my reading list, is the 2010 Best Books for Young Adults. Find it here.

Yesterday my friend Jim and I went to look for some of these books at The Storyteller here in Lafayette, a bookstore that exclusively sells children's books, and it is right here in my neighborhood. While we were there Jim and I decided to start a new tradition of ourselves. Every month we'll come together to the store and find at least ONE book that we love. Yesterday we both came home with our choice: Henry in Love, by Peter McCarty, have you seen that picture book? Exquisite!
Want to come with us next month?

No comments: