Friday, February 29, 2008

Oda a la Luna perdida (Ode to the lost moon)


I lost my Luna, the Moon, this morning
Luna color chocolate con cara de caramelo
I lost her this morning
Luna my dog

I lost her among the ancient trees and the newborn moss.
I lost her on the mountains
where the deer runs and
the cougar hides



I lost her because she was afraid
Afraid she was of two wooly dogs
like lions
who chased her away

I didn’t even have time
to tell her
that I would never let
anybody hurt her

Instead she was gone
running towards the
forbidden forest
where the magic creatures inhabit

Did any of them see my Luna?

I called my Luna many times.
I called her like Coyote calls at night
crying for his moon
I called my Luna

But she didn’t come back
and inside the forest
no creature could tell me
which way she had gone

Luna

Luna?
Is that you?!
Back in the streets she was found
looking for her way home!

I licked her face and chewed on her ears
And then asked her to tell me
Please tell, Luna, tell me—about the magical things she saw
and the animals she talked to

But so far
Luna just licks my hands
and reminds silent
like the moon hiding above us

No comments: