Sunday, November 25, 2007

Seven Impossible Corazonadas Before breakfast


I am inspired this morning. Not only the Seven Impossible Things Before Breakfast blog is featuring some never-before- seen images of my upcoming book Just in Case: A trickster Tale and Alphabet book, a sequel of Just a Minute, but they also got me thinking about my Seven(ish) Exceptionally Fabulous, Beautiful, Interesting, Hilarious, or Otherwise Positive Noteworthy Things from the last week (whether book related or not) that happened to me.
So, in honor of 7-imp, here are my 7 Kicks:

1. At my writer’s group, the Revisionaries, we toasted with champagne for Maria’s new illustration assignment with Philomel.

2. I laughed, I cried, I jumped on my chair and cheered while I fell in love with the writing of Mr. Sherman Alexis as I read The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-time Indian. Wow!

3. I made a second video.

4. My son started working, really working, waking up early to go and rake leaves, dig holes, carry piles of mulch while growing calluses in his hands—the same hands with what he counts the money he needs to buy himself his first camera. Not such a little guy anymore.

5. I received an email from a five-year old reader who tells me he would take an airplane if necessary to come to one of my readings. In his email this week he let me know his family will be driving him to my December reading at Clayton Books.

6. My husband Tim and I had our birthday party organized by my friend Rose. The enchiladas in green sauce were supreme! Our friends were too.

7. My snowflake was auctioned at Robert’s Snow. I got many emails from people who loved the work.


7-imp, thank you for the inspiration.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Yuyi. #5 is particularly great. And thanks one final time for the beautiful illustrations.

Yuyi Morales said...

Oh, I loved #5 too. Thank YOU, Jules.

CruzMartinez said...

Hola Yuyi

En verdad q admiro tu trabajo...me gustan mucho tus ilustraciones, sobre todo el hecho de que tu trabajo muestra mucho la nostalgia de nuestra tierra...

en Hora buena y q siga la produccion visual

saludos!

Yuyi Morales said...

Hola Cruz! Mira que la admiracion es mutua. Me facina tu trabajo! Estaba checando tu blog y vi muchas cosas que me inspiraron.
Gracias!